Vacation RentalPet & Policy
Guests with dogs are asked to please respect the comfort and safety of other guests, both during and after your stay. For this reason, we ask that you please follow these guidelines during your time with us:
- Please clean up after your dog, both in public areas and in the yard of your rental property.
- Please do not allow your dog to bark excessively or to roam onto neighboring properties. Many of our homes are located near residential neighborhoods, and we must respect the comfort and privacy of those residents. Complaints may lead to eviction without refund. This will be at the sole discretion of Horizon Realty.
- Please do not allow dogs on furniture or beds. It is also helpful to bring something (bed, blanket, etc.) on which you know your pet will be comfortable sleeping. Just because you allow your pets on your furniture and beds at your home does not mean it is allowed in our rental properties.
- Please groom your dog, particularly if it is a breed prone to shedding. Pet hair can be difficult to remove, and the next renter in your property may not have a pet. Extra cleaning fees will be charged for furniture, blankets, comforters, etc. that have pet hair left behind.
- Please don’t leave your dog unattended in the property for long periods of time. A crate is ideal for those situations in which you must leave. You are responsible for any damages your pet causes.
- Please do your best to clean and dry your dog after a walk; this will help to ensure you will leave the property in good condition without being charged an extra cleaning fee.
- Please do not allow dogs in swimming pools or hot tubs.
- Please ensure that your dogs medications and immunizations are up-to-date, especially flea treatment.