Vacation RentalRules & Policies
Rules & Policies
Check-In: 3:00 p.m. Check-Out: 11:00 a.m.
Office Hours: Monday – Thursday: 9:30am – 5pm, Friday: 10am – 5pm
(Closed Saturday, Sunday and Holidays)
CANCELLATION POLICY if you booked through VRBO or Airbnb:
- If you booked your stay through VRBO or Airbnb, we must follow the cancellation policy specified for each property which you agreed to when booking through their site.
CANCELLATION POLICY if you booked directly through Horizon Realty:
- If you cancel after we receive your deposit and before thirty (30) days prior to your arrival, we will refund your full deposit and/or rent, less a $25 cancellation fee and the 3.1% credit card fee (if paid through PayPal).
- If we have your deposit and you cancel within thirty (30) days of your reserved arrival date, you will forfeit your entire deposit unless we can re-rent the unit for the period you cancelled.
- If we have received your deposit AND rental money and you cancel within thirty (30) days prior to your reserved arrival date, you will forfeit your rental money and receive ONLY your deposit back (less a $25 cancellation fee and the 3.1% PayPal fee) UNLESS we can re-rent the unit for the period you cancelled.
- ALL CANCELLATIONS MUST BE IN WRITING.
Keys: Your property manager will give you instructions on getting keys. If you are picking up keys at our office, you will return them to our office or put them through the mail slot if we are closed. If you are receiving a code to a lockbox at the property, return keys to the lockbox no later than 11:00am on your departure date.
- Upon arrival please check to make sure everything is clean and in good working order. If you have any questions or concerns after you check-in, call our office immediately, otherwise we will assume everything is acceptable. Report ANY problems with appliances, plumbing, electrical, etc to our office immediately. If our office is closed, please leave a message. If anything is damaged or missing after your stay, you may be charged accordingly.
- This unit is limited to the number of people as specified in your rental agreement. Tenant may be responsible for excessive utilities and a minimum $50/person fee for extra people.
- This rental property is strictly for vacation use only. Authorization for other uses such as birthday or wedding parties, family reunions, etc. must be obtained in writing prior to arrival. Maximum number of people still applies, see #3.
- PETS: While many of our properties adhere to a strict “No Pets” policy, a select number of our homes welcome pets and are advertised as “Pet Friendly”. This will be specifically noted on each property’s information page and will be detailed within your Vacation Rental Agreement. Any guest found with a pet in a property that is not pet friendly will be required to vacate the premises without refund and charged for carpet cleaning and de-fleaing (deducted from the deposit). This is strictly
- Guests with pets: see attached Pet Policy
- No hanging of clothing, towels or other articles from balconies or decks. Shake off sand outside before doing laundry.
- Unplug appliances: countertop microwave, toaster, coffee pot, etc. We will provide initial paper products. Please replenish cleaning supplies and paper products that were used.
- If the tenant loses a key(s) to the property, they will be charged for the cost of rekeying the unit.
- The tenant whose name the reservation is booked under is responsible for making sure the Rental Rules and Policies are observed by all persons using the unit.
- Horizon Realty cannot be responsible for any neighborhood conditions, such as construction or other noise.
- If something breaks or stops working during your stay, we will make reasonable attempts to resolve the problem as quickly as possible but cannot guarantee that the correction can be made during your stay.
- All prices and reservations are subject to change. Any changes need to be in writing 30 days prior to your arrival. For less than 30-night stays, bed tax is charged on rent plus cleaning fees.
- Please conserve water as California is on a State Water Conservation Mandate.
- Absolutely no recreational vehicles are permitted.
- These rules and policies are to ensure that our properties are treated with care and respect. Those who do not comply may not be allowed back for future stays.
- CLEANING INFORMATION: The minimum cleaning fee includes sanitizing kitchen and bathrooms, and laundry of sheets and towels, and vacuuming and/or mopping floors only. Before you leave, please make sure everything is neat and tidy. This includes basic cleaning of the floors if necessary, emptying trash cans, washing dishes or loading the dishwasher and starting the cycle before you leave. Make sure all furniture, patio equipment, pillows, blankets, and bedspreads are where they were when you arrived. If linens and towels were provided, please leave beds unmade and soiled towels in a pile near washer. The cleaners will do the laundry and make the beds. Remove all food you brought when you leave.
- Make sure all furniture and items in the unit are in place as you found them.
- Turn off all thermostats, appliances, televisions, etc.
- Close all windows & skylights tightly; pull shades down/draw drapes; turn off all lights.
- If linens were provided, please leave beds unmade and place any soiled towels by the washer.
- Any additional cleaning or laundry service may be charged accordingly and deducted from your security deposit.
- Remove all personal belongings and food.
- MONTHLY GUESTS: Please replenish cleaning supplies and paper products prior to your departure.
- NIGHTLY/WEEKLY GUESTS: Do not need to replenish cleaning supplies and paper products.
- Place trash in outside containers. Please contact our office if excess trash exists.
- Lock the unit securely and return all keys to our office (or, if applicable, return to lockbox).
- Items left in the unit will be held for up to 10 days. The minimum charge for returning left items is $25.00 + shipping.
We appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you. In order to keep our rental rates reasonable, and to make your vacation a fun and safe one, we ask for your cooperation and consideration when occupying our vacation rentals. We hope you have an enjoyable stay here on the Central Coast. If you have further questions or if you are interested in properties for sale, don’t hesitate to call: Horizon Realty at (805) 772-5657 ext 123 for Kelly Marple